Datalogging for an Inspector Geiger Counter

hagiograph

I just got an Inspector Geiger Counter that has a data-out port. It normally is used with "Observer" software from SEINTL but I was wondering if there are other data loggers that can pull in the data?

I'd like to wander around various places (amatuer rock collector and I live in a very granite-rich area) and collect data on the radioactive content of some of the rocks around here but the INspector doesn't have any onboard data storage and I don't really want to lug the laptop along with it.

Does anyone have one of these and any ideas on datalogging for it?

Thanks

I don't have one of those, but it does sound like an interesting problem.

If you have a smartphone, the simplest solution would probably be to get a data logging app for your smartphone, since you should be carrying yours with you everywhere you go. I found apps for the purpose for both iPhones and Android devices. I can't vouch for any of them though, so best thing would be to read their reviews and try them out.

There are more technical solutions, probably, but it does seem you will need some kind of external storage for it either way.