Is 0.605 grams of hydrogen Chloride gas dangerous

GarageChemistry

I want to make Hydrochloric acid and have calculated that the reaction will produce 0.605 grams of hydrogen chloride gas

I would like to know how dangerous this is

It would make about a third of a liter of gas at STP for whatever that is worth. I don't really know how dangerous HCl is. I guess I wouldn't want to be in a room with that much. Are you bubbling it through water?

Have you considered buying Muriatic Acid acid at the hardware store, or online?

Well, we all have to learn somewhere, and how better to learn other than by asking questions?

A formal training situation which has the required risk assessment, msds and safety equipment and procedures.

Uh-huh. Unless the OP can find a chemistry class, summer program, and/or internship, then I doubt all those requirements are going to be fulfilled.

Speaking of which, it's less than a gram of hydrogen chloride. Why so scared? The worst they could do is get a bit 'stung' in the eyes and nose, if that. There's no need for such extensive training to handle such a simple chemical.

OP, just wear gloves and glasses and you should be fine.

Uh-huh. Unless the OP can find a chemistry class, summer program, and/or internship, then I doubt all those requirements are going to be fulfilled.

Speaking of which, it's less than a gram of hydrogen chloride. Why so scared? The worst they could do is get a bit 'stung' in the eyes and nose, if that. There's no need for such extensive training to handle such a simple chemical.

OP, just wear gloves and glasses and you should be fine.

If they're asking such questions I wouldn't have the confidence that they know the reaction nor the quantities for the question to be accurate. Therefore I wouldn't suggest they do it.

• 2 weeks later...