Questions - Double split experiment/ Floaters.

Relative

Hello all, the double split experiment,

Am I correct that the test showed a lighter and a darker area of splitting of light?.

What color light was used for the double slit experiment?

Did you know that the double slit experiment can be done with your eyes and no other apparatus?

Floaters, after several eye observation's and focal tests, in search of the photon's habit's ,

trying to discover new things, I came across to what you refer to as floaters of the eye.

I have looked at eye worms, and this is not the same thing as I have seen.

Do you have an explanation of what a floater actually is?

I do know that myodesopsia are deposits of various sizes, and suppose to be down to eye

degeneration and age. Also they are quite transparent.

OK , to cut along story short, I have been using my eyes and refracting light using watery eyes

and various light sources, including the sun, a torch, neon , and a microscope filled with water.

Yes the original nutty professor.

Science says deposits, deposits of what exactly?

The reason I ask, is on every occasion now I have seen floaters, transparent in nature, but very defining in shape.

Floaters may not seem a very interesting topic you may say, try floaters that I have seen through reflection and refraction that I can only describe as one thing....

Please do not think this is crazy, I have seen this several times now, and a shape that I can only

describe as 3 quarks and an electron, or better known as H.

I can even draw a pretty perfect picture of what I have seen....although the floaters seem to be a bit fast to the eye.

Is this possible, do atoms bounce off our eye, is this what floaters are...?

• 3 weeks later...

In answer to your first question (and I really hate to quote wikipedia) it seems clear to me that the wavelength doesn't specifically matter as long as you have the two slits seperated by less than that wavelength. It also offers the implied value of 0.6μm (6.0 x 10^(-7) m), which is in the NIR part of the EM spectrum, rather than being visible light. I'd be happy to be corrected though, as neither wikipedia nor I are experts on the matter.

To add to your second question (but perhaps not answer it), the eye is a bit backwards. We have our retina at the back of the eye, interrupted in a 'blind spot' by the intrusion of the optic bundle. This optic bundle contains the nerves and blood supply for the eye, and passes the blood vessels through the retina and out in front of it.

In short, 'floaters' in the eye, (which I always used to describe as 'worms'), are actually bood vessels.

If you look at a purely white background with just one eye... (PC monitor will work) and form a tiny ring with your thumb and first finger then hold that as close to your eye as you can, you will create a very small 'window' that you can see through. Then, gradually let your eye unfocus (i.e. 'just relax') and vibrate your hand around just a few millimeters. What this does is offer your eye a rapid shifting of the direction of incoming light in a very short space of time, and this actually lets you see the blood vessels in good detail as thin black lines on the white background, with a white 'hole' in the center.

If you're seeing something OTHER than what I just described in your tests... then I haven't got a clue what that might be. Just thought I'd share what I know in case it helps you eliminate the possibility.

Edited by theholykrael