Indonesia Beef Imports Rife with Corruption

marionyusef

This game has long been played by Indians and even most of the people around the world. It seems like corruption is consuming the people, politicians and even ordinary citizens are drowning in greed and it appears that there is no way to ascend from it. Is anyone with me here? Because even though it gives us the impression that we can never pass this phase, I still believe that this is just a phase, like what I said, that we can surpass.

Live exports to foreign countries are repeatedly shown as disastrous for animal welfare. It isn't just corruption, but also incompetence. See the Mauritian scandal of live cattle sent for slaughter having to be tested for pregnancy, with 2 cows giving birth on ship, the calves killed, I think 4 more gave birth on arrival or were found to be pregnant when slaughtered..

Australia cannot even guarantee all Oz abbattoirs are ethically acceptable. No gov't inspectors find anything. Only activists are gaining the footage proving that a number of so called guarantees are utterly worthless. Then view Animals Australia footage of Kuwait and Indonesian treatment of Australian stock sent for live slaughter and the only answer is to stop live export, across the board.

It would take less room and be less expensive to ship prepacked meat. There is NO argument for it that can even approach .the numerous reasons why not to do it.

Edited by menageriemanor

Since there are four previous posters in this thread I am not sure which both you are agreeing with. Nor am I any the clearer as to which corruption is being referred to. You think it is about improperly labelled meat products. Menageriemanor thinks it is about the cruelty we visit on the animals that we use for food. And there are other possibilities: beef imports to Indonesia that are rotten; Officials being bribed to forego import duties; lies about the Halal slaughter of the beef cattle. I would still welcome clarification from the OP.