Need Help!

MMK

- Expensive, but magnetrons exist at 2.45 GHz for ovens

- Short distance, because of diffraction at 2.45 GHz

- Inefficient, at best 50%

- Cooks living organisms in between

- Interferes with data communications

To get more answers, your should describe your intent with more details. Powering a smartcard with 50mW isn't the same as powering a remote village with 100kW which isn't the same a transmitting 10GW from an orbital Solar power plant to Earth.

Well I was thinking of transmitting microwaves from ground-based antennas towards approaching aircraft having on-board rectennas..... replacing the gas turbines with electric motors and so & so......... for that obviously a central management system will be required and multiple antennas will have to be erected at suitable points along the flight paths integrated by that central management system........ I know its kind of too good to be true but still how should I proceed for the same to happen????

Plz help me out on this one unsure.png

Edited by MMK

• 2 weeks later...

This topic has been well researched and I believe experimental vehicles models flown. Not for long distances, but for example, keeping something flying constantly above a fixed location. Harvesting the radio and microwave radiation transmitted around can power small devices... Expect some real products that use this technology to appear within the next few years.

I am sure you could do a google search to find information.