Horse neck size (Shire horse and the Bravant draft horse or belgian horse)

anotherfilthyape

Wikipedia claims that a horse's neck length is a third of the horse's body length but data on horse size rarely ever mentions horse body length... They mention body height only... Anyone knows the length?

Ocrrectionn; Bravant heavy horse or Belgian heavy horse or bravant or belgian horse... Besides the Shire horse

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry no one has replied, and I can't help you, except to suggest you measure from the front shoulder to the the furthest point of the rump, but if you email some studs of the specific horses you are interested in, they may be happy to help you, get the measurements, get an average. I know there is a calculation to work out weight from body measurements, but I haven't used it for 40ish years and can't remember. OR do those making those claims measure from wither to tail, as you do for horserugs?

A few serious breeders will probably tell you. Or a vet that works with top breeders. I would imagine a draft horse would be slightly longer in the back than an arab, as an ideal.

Sorry I can't really help.

found this, don't know how it will help, but there is an article in this link, plus an estimate of head and neck weight, as rule of thumb.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111214141241AA5TDOy