Consecutive Integer

grayfalcon89

Prove that any five consecutive integer is divisible by 5 such that the least term is > 0.

Prove that any two integer's sum is NOT always divisible by 3. State why this is and tell in what case is this possible.

Prove that:

[math]\binom {n}{k}[/math] equals [math]\binom {n}{n-k}[/math]

I presume the 2nd one refers to 'consecutive integer'.

Let us set our numbers as x (divisible by 3), x+1 and x+2. For example, 3, 4 and 5.

x+1 + x+2 = 2x+3, divisible by 3. However, any sum involving the multiple of 3 cannot be divisible by 3, because you end up with either 2x+1 or 2x+2.

Re: the first one,

Basically it's the same answer as the 2nd one. Taking 5 consecutive numbers, one MUST be divisible by 5, and thus so must the product. It's fairly clear where this assertion comes from.

0+0=0 which is divisible by three, bloodhound. I dont' see why the "general" disproof was offered, since it only requires one counter example, eg 0+1.

i'm also mystified as to why the original 1st question limits us by some positvity condition - if the question is to make sense there is no reason for this.

Prove that any two integer's sum is NOT always divisible by 3. State why this is and tell in what case is this possible.

Let x and y be two integers

So x+y=3n ( n : integer)

(x+1)+y=3a (a: integer)

[Math]---> 3(n-a)=1 [/ Math]

[Math]--->n-a=1/3 [/ Math]

Do it with (x+2)----> n-a=2/3

Since n and a are integers , the different of them is integers.

----------->Not the sum of any two integers is divisible by 3.

The sum of two integers is divisible by 3 occurs when the sum of the two reminders of the integers is divisible by 3.