Science gift for Xmas

elnetrino

I want to buy a special science related gift for my daughter (8 years old) and here is my top 5.

A solar system model like this: Copernican Orrery Kit (url removed by moderator)
A book with experiments like this: Science in Seconds for Kids: Over 100 Experiments You Can Do in Ten Minutes or Less (url removed by moderator)
A wall decal like this for her room: Science Niels Bohr's inspiring quote with particles' collision vinyl wall decal (url removed by moderator)
A magazine subscription (like Popular Science)
A cool t-shirt like this: Boson Higgs T-shirt (url removed by moderator)

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance

Edited by CaptainPanic
Commercial links to online shops removed

!

Moderator Note

You probably did not mean to spam and advertise, but we have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to such links, especially if a thread is created with the apparent purpose of drawing traffic to other websites.

Normally, I would add a link to our rules which say something along the lines of: "It's fine if you add a useful link to support a claim or statement, but do not create new threads to advertise particular websites". However, because we have a brand new layout, I cannot find the rules myself.

Anyway, only the layout changed, not the rules... so I still removed the links. Still, because you couldn't know, we'll all pretend this didn't happen.

Note that the online shops are quite capable of handling their own marketing, and don't need the help of a science forum.
If any member is desperate to find any of these products, and Google somehow magically breaks down, they are advised to send a private message to elnetrino to ask for a link.

Spyman, thanks for that. This is the 1st time I needed to link to the rules since the new layout became effective... and they moved from top left to bottom right. It takes a lot of coffee before I would have searched in that corner.

!

Moderator Note

So... elnetrino... please check the rules, especially section 2.7.