Sometimes I feel like this life is a prison

seriously disabled

Sometimes I feel trapped by a world that I didn't choose to live in.

So why are we forever stuck in limbo on the lowest planes of existence?

Maybe it's because:

1) It's easier to believe a comfortable lie than a hard truth

2) "Conspiracy" is an overused word used by uninformed people to describe something that they are unfamiliar with. It's makes for an easy way to dismiss a topic that they would rather not know about

3) We were given senses so that we may be aware of and discover the world around us. However, the senses are often dismissed with the following statement…

4) "There is no scientific evidence to support that idea". This could be said of any new idea, technology, breakthrough, etc at any point in time just before it is discovered. We are not all knowing now, nor have we ever been at any point in time in the past. We move forward by opening our minds

5) Mainstream society is the largest, most influencial and most powerful cult on Earth. We are conditioned and manipulated by the media, entertainment industry, corporations and the government to accept a very narrow view of the world and to aggressively reject anything that lies outside of this zone of influence

6) We are trained to willingly accept/take substances that cloud our minds, inhibit our senses and destroy our bodies….prescription drugs, vaccines, recreational drugs, alcohol, fluorinated drinking water, Aspartame, Sucralose, GMO foods, MSG, the wireless grid, etc

7) The public education system is designed to train children to become good and obedient citizens, not intelligent free thinking beings

7+1) Do not stray from the flock. Do not become a black sheep. Those that stray from the cult (society) are punished. Those that don't make waves are rewarded

9) TV teaches children that it's cool to be stupid, and uncool to be intelligent. Stupid = popular, and intelligent = nerd

10) TV is the most effective mass conditioning/brainwashing tool ever created

11) "Social networking" is not at all social. It's an electronic virtual reality that teaches us to look inward rather that outward. It's a social engineering program and a data mining system that we eagerly feed.

12) We can't wait to buy the newest/latest personal tracking/spying device (cell phones, tablets, computers) from our corporate/government controllers

13) There is an army of covert agency trolls roaming the internet ready to hijack and discredit any news/facts/threads which threaten to bring people in touch with reality.

14) When the above is ineffective, the conditioned masses/minions of mainstream society take over…willingly acting as "agents" for their controllers. They actively resist of the unfamiliar (truth), while diligently fighting to discredit anything that falls outside their established & programmed view of the world (the comfort zone)

<link removed by moderator>

We prefer to keep links to other sites to a minimum unless they support an argument.

Sometimes I feel trapped by a world that I didn't choose to live in.

So why are we forever stuck in limbo on the lowest planes of existence?

Maybe it's because:

1) It's easier to believe a comfortable lie than a hard truth
there has been a long discussion on the possibility of choosing to (or what to) believe. It might be easier to subsist within a comfortable lie - but to believe in it, No.

2) "Conspiracy" is an overused word used by uninformed people to describe something that they are unfamiliar with. It's makes for an easy way to dismiss a topic that they would rather not know about
Those who decry the conspiracy theorists as often more engaged with the subject than the promulgators of conspiracy theories - read thru some of the 9/11 and ufo threads in this forum and decide which parties have done the actual research and which are based on fevered imaginings.

3) We were given senses so that we may be aware of and discover the world around us. However, the senses are often dismissed with the following statement…
"...we were given..." you will have to justify that premise for a start.

4) "There is no scientific evidence to support that idea". This could be said of any new idea, technology, breakthrough, etc at any point in time just before it is discovered. We are not all knowing now, nor have we ever been at any point in time in the past. We move forward by opening our minds
It can also be said for any pile of steaming bovine scatology. We use the evidence to dismiss or prove the hypothesis; not the other way around.

5) Mainstream society is the largest, most influencial and most powerful cult on Earth. We are conditioned and manipulated by the media, entertainment industry, corporations and the government to accept a very narrow view of the world and to aggressively reject anything that lies outside of this zone of influence
There is no homogeneous society on earth - and no mainstream society; perhaps in a small country there is such a thing, but even in the UK (relatively small) there is no single mainstream.

6) We are trained to willingly accept/take substances that cloud our minds, inhibit our senses and destroy our bodies….prescription drugs, vaccines, recreational drugs, alcohol, fluorinated drinking water, Aspartame, Sucralose, GMO foods, MSG, the wireless grid, etc
As this is a science site I think we need a bit more proof that the items on this list do as you say they do.

7) The public education system is designed to train children to become good and obedient citizens, not intelligent free thinking beings

You will find many who disagree with that, and demand a bit of proof. It tends to be that whichever party is in need of a quick fix claims that the education of children and young adults is systemically opposed to their policies. My education from 11 till post-grad seems to all have been opposed to the most important threads of government policy at the time; privitisation, Thatcherism, no such thing as society... The priest who taught me RE and Philosophy, yes I was taught in part by Jesuits, would regularly explain how to see through the lies and spin of government announcements and cut to the truth. All his thinking and his teaching was critical (apart from one obvious exception) and challenged established truth and received wisdom.

7+1) Do not stray from the flock. Do not become a black sheep. Those that stray from the cult (society) are punished. Those that don't make waves are rewarded
If you are talking about the criminal law after due process then, yes people are punished; otherwise a little explanation is called for.

9) TV teaches children that it's cool to be stupid, and uncool to be intelligent. Stupid = popular, and intelligent = nerd
Many might say that nerd has lost its negative connotations

10) TV is the most effective mass conditioning/brainwashing tool ever created
possibly. but still terribly inefficient - note how the million adverts in the run up to the US election caused a near 100 pct turnout - oh....

11) "Social networking" is not at all social. It's an electronic virtual reality that teaches us to look inward rather that outward. It's a social engineering program and a data mining system that we eagerly feed
. It is clearly not a social engineering if it is not at all social - data mining posing as social networking I would go along with.

12) We can't wait to buy the newest/latest personal tracking/spying device (cell phones, tablets, computers) from our corporate/government controllers
Please explain how the purchase of a nexus 4 / iphone 5 etc controls and constrains me or any other person. My position would be able to be monitored with the oldest cellphone, and my email and messages read much more easily via my isp; it's the ap from the tate museum that removes my free will isn't it?

13) There is an army of covert agency trolls roaming the internet ready to hijack and discredit any news/facts/threads which threaten to bring people in touch with reality.
Thread-Discreditor General Hopkins reporting for duty, Sah! It's so much easier for you to discredit any opposition - 3 points out of 14 - before reading them isn't it?

14) When the above is ineffective, the conditioned masses/minions of mainstream society take over…willingly acting as "agents" for their controllers. They actively resist of the unfamiliar (truth), while diligently fighting to discredit anything that falls outside their established & programmed view of the world (the comfort zone)
blah blah hegemonic ideology blah voynich manuscript blah control society blah pawns in geopolitical game blah templars and new world order.... A tiny bit of proof - or even reasonably supposition would be really appreciated rather than the rent-a-spook produced above.

<link removed by moderator>

We prefer to keep links to other sites to a minimum unless they support an argument.