Goat with a human face and 8 legs

dawkins_akbar

Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask a genetics question purely out of scientific curiosity.

I bumped into a short video clip online showing what looked vaguely like a dead "Goat with a human face and 8 legs".

Google it if you want to check it out. I won't post it here because it is a little freaky.

Anyway, my question is: is this likely to be the result of a mutation or sex with a goat? I didn't think humans could interbreed with goats. LOL!

OK, it wasn't exactly a successful breeding, but I didn't even think it would reach that stage.

Cheers

I haven't looked at the video, but it's almost certainly a fake. The only way a goat could possibly survive with 8 legs is to be a conjoined twin, otherwise it would need mutations to add vertebrae, ribs, etc. The probability of that is virtually nothing. A goat human hybrid is impossible, they are not nearly closely related enough to interbreed.

Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask a genetics question purely out of scientific curiosity.

I bumped into a short video clip online showing what looked vaguely like a dead "Goat with a human face and 8 legs".

Google it if you want to check it out. I won't post it here because it is a little freaky.

Anyway, my question is: is this likely to be the result of a mutation or sex with a goat? I didn't think humans could interbreed with goats. LOL!

OK, it wasn't exactly a successful breeding, but I didn't even think it would reach that stage.

Cheers

Genetically possible on this planet? I would say definately nope.

Frankensteinly possible though if you know what I mean

Thanks for the replies.

Having thought about it a bit more, I think it was misleading/sensational for the uploader of the original video to give the video such a title. The goat doesn't have a human face. It looks like a mutated goat face.

As for the genetics, I looked up the number of chromosomes. Goats have 60, whereas humans have 46. So it would be impossible for them to match up during fertilisation.

• 4 weeks later...

i am sure this could be a photoshop. An incident happened few weeks ago when a woman was reported to give birth to a monkey in a nearby hospital. The only answer I have to this is metaphysical not genetically proven. What do you have to say about this?