New Theory on Expansion?

EquisDeXD

Let's say that for some arbitrary reason, like say random luck during when the universe is created, that space was not actually completely flat, but that it has a cumulative 4-dimensional curvature over distance? If that were so, as objects were further away, the degree of curvature they passed through from any relative observer would increase. I don't know if it's completely true, but based on my understanding of black holes, as light approaches a black hole, it redshifts, but this is not because a black hole is pulling in the light at a greater speed, this is due to the curvature of space as light approaches the black hole. So, I should theoretically be able to set the curvature of the relative space of the universe equal to something that causes a redshift exactly equal to Hubble's Constant. This is assuming that my extrapolation is correct that as the degree of curvature increases from an observer, light redshifts a greater amount. It is possible for light to redshift simply from moving away, that's why there would need to be strong evidence that as the degree of curvature increased, that the rate at which light red-shifted also increased such as when it approached a black hole, or I guess of the redshift of light would have a non-zero acceleration.

However, considering that it is more than just 3 dimensions, as the 4th dimensional (not necessarily time, but just some other dimensional along with the other 3) variable changes, the other 3 variables should be respond to it, in some relationship of (theta)=x...y...z...

So, as the degree of curvature increased, the relative distance caused by curvature would increase by a greater and greater amount as curvature only increased linearly, which could possibly resolve the conflict with the whole dark energy and the universe expanding thing. So if you think about it, it would kind of be like how the slope changes on a parabola, the relative velocity changes, and the rate it changes by is constant, which in this case could theoretically be set equal to Hubble's constant.

Edited by EquisDeXD

I don't know if it's completely true, but based on my understanding of black holes, as light approaches a black hole, it redshifts, but this is not because a black hole is pulling in the light at a greater speed, this is due to the curvature of space as light approaches the black hole.

This is correct and you wouldn't be the first to propose this. My own knowledge of astrophysics is very limited but if this topic interests you, you might want to read How You Can Explore Higher Dimensions of Time and Space by T.B. Pawlicki. Early on in this book he seems to be suggesting something very similar to what you are speculating about a curved universe. My memory of his book is vague so I may have some details wrong, but Pawlicki seems to have a bizzare, but for that reason very intrigueing, model of the universe in which it is bent somewhat like a torus with an outer and inner 'surface' which can be traveled between at it's 'poles'. Speculative, but worth contemplating.

This is correct and you wouldn't be the first to propose this. My own knowledge of astrophysics is very limited but if this topic interests you, you might want to read How You Can Explore Higher Dimensions of Time and Space by T.B. Pawlicki. Early on in this book he seems to be suggesting something very similar to what you are speculating about a curved universe. My memory of his book is vague so I may have some details wrong, but Pawlicki seems to have a bizzare, but for that reason very intrigueing, model of the universe in which it is bent somewhat like a torus with an outer and inner 'surface' which can be traveled between at it's 'poles'. Speculative, but worth contemplating.

Yeah, I was thinking that if there's a finite degree of curvature that it eventually curves back in on itself, which means that the universe would have a closed 4 dimensional shape, and that you could travel back in one direction and eventually arrive at the same point from the other side, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of evidence for it. If the equation for the universal relative curvature can be mathematically modeled, and we solve for the relative 3 dimensional size the universe would have to be before it loops around, and if that size is greater than our observed universe, the theory has evidence, but if the shape would be smaller than our observable universe, then it's essentially confirming it can't be true, unless we can confirm the light we see from a galaxy in another direction is from the same galaxy in the opposite direction, which I don't think we can without space travel.

Edited by EquisDeXD

Think outside the box for a moment.

Imagine that there is only one substance in the universe and that is the singularity but that substance at 100% potential energy becomes critical and explodes. The bog bang transitions into three types of transitory matrer; mass, energy and space with three actions- forward time, expanding space and gravity. The hidden process is the constant transition of mass and energy via giving off the gravitational wave creating expanding space, forward time and by waves aligning into wavefronts, gravity.