dreamweaver

keffodan

Im working with dreamweaver at the moment trying to make my first site. i have my page set up lik so

<body> <div id="container">

<div id="sitelogo">

Content for id "sitelogo" Goes Here </div>

<div id="header">content for header goes her </div>

<div id="navbar">Content for id "navbar" Goes Here</div>

<div id="lrftnavbar">Content for id "lrftnavbar" Goes Here</div> <div id="footer">Content for id "footer" Goes Here</div> </div> </body>

linked to this style sheet:

@charset "utf-8";

#container { background-color: #CCC; height: 768px; width: 1366px; border: thin solid #FFF; }

#header { background-color: #CCC; height: 50px; width: 1213px; border-bottom-width: thin; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: #FFF; clear: right; float: right; border-right-width: thin; border-right-style: solid; border-right-color: #FFF; }

#sitelogo { float: left; height: 101px; width: 150px; border-bottom-width: thin; border-bottom-style: solid; border-right-color: #FFF; border-bottom-color: #FFF; border-left-color: #FFF; border-right-width: thin; border-right-style: solid; border-top-color: #FFF; }

#leftnavbar { clear: both; float: left; height: 616px; width: 150px; border-right-width: thin; border-right-style: solid; border-right-color: #FFF; }

#navbar { float: right; height: 50px; width: 1214px; border-bottom-width: thin; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: #FFF; border-right-width: thin; border-right-style: solid; border-right-color: #FFF; }

#footer { clear: both; float: left; height: 5px; width: 1366px; border-top-width: thin; border-top-style: solid; border-top-color: #FFF; border-right-width: thin; border-right-style: solid; border-right-color: #FFF; }

*{margin:0; padding:0; background-color:#CCC }

The problem is that when i changed the footer height to anything different it stays the same in the live view regardless of browser. My design view is a mess but my live view is ok( bar the fact that it wont change). Any advice on how i should structure the page differently or if what im doing is completely wrong? all the divs are in the container id div aside from that they're separate. I intend to put 6 div tags within the nav bar( within the container) to make 6 drop down links, any advice on how to do this??

Any help is greatly appreciated.

The container height may be limiting the footer height.

I don't know exactly what you mean by drop down links, otherwise i could maybe help on that.

There are many drop down menus available on the web. You might just want to search for one

you like and use that.