Mysterious Oddities

us.2u

Some time ago I was reading a book titled "The Strange & Myserious" where they reckoned through some strange phenomea it could be possible to see a mirage in cloud formation...displaying another city or town in a completely different location reflecting what was actually happening. Also they maintained some of these cloud formations could reflect history from years gone by. I don't know if it's possible, that that there could be any truth in these stories or it was just sheer romantatism. Out of interest I'm asking you the experts phallacy or possibility?....Can our planet do that?....us.2u

I too have read of such phenonema,however it had nothing to do with clouds.Groups of people,mainly explorers say in the arctic have seen a city in the sky.i think it could be real and something to do with the atmosphere,has it is always seen on the horizon.Maybe certain cloud formations reflect the light for a short period and project the image.

I too have read of such phenonema,however it had nothing to do with clouds.Groups of people,mainly explorers say in the arctic have seen a city in the sky.i think it could be real and something to do with the atmosphere,has it is always seen on the horizon.Maybe certain cloud formations reflect the light for a short period and project the image.

That sounds like they are seeing the aurora borealis. I can imagine that when there is a light layer of clouds, the distortion could make it appear city-like.

I don't have the answer about what type of clouds but I think Artourius was correct in this phenomea being sighted on the horizon or maybe even Coquina is correct I will try to find some update info & report back I'll be offline for a few days as we're moving but should be back with a report, by this coming friday thank-you