Spleen! An error

psi20

Every time I try to go onto my email, it freezes and pops up an error. I wrote down the message.

"The intructions at "0x026137c6" referenced memory at "0x026a6ec0". The Memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program.

Something like that, I think I miswrote some stuff, but that's what it says.

Then I click OK like it tells me to and another one of those pop up. I click OK and another pops up. and another...another...

So the only way to stop it is to restart the computer or press Alt+Ctrl+Del, and even then it might freeze.

What the heck is it? How do I stop it?

OS does mean operating system. You can find the version by right-clicking on the "My Computer" icon on your desktop and selecting "Properties".

On another note, I used to get those messages all the time from various things under Windows 2000. If you can't get rid of it by the usual methods (virus scan, defrag, disk check, etc) then I suggest backing your stuff up and re-formatting.

Sorry, not computer literate

hmmm, this makes it hard when troubleshooting a computer as it often involves computer knowledge and sometimes advance commands etc. (but we can try ;))

in simple terms, as you know, to get yahoo (which i use) you have to go onto a website (unless you set it up otherwise... but by default you have to go through a website) this means that your emails are based on the yahoo server.

a server is a computer which serves others (to be simple). so the yahoo server has your emails, you go onto the yahoo website and it accesses your emails.

your error message is very common for programs which dont work. so if i have a game and it is corrupted because there's a file missing or something, this error message could appear.

when it says: "The Memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program." it means that the program operating couldnt be accessed or read, so it has to shut.

now, you have internet explorer (IE)... as you havent mentioned it i assume that its working fine for general internet browsing purposes.

now, you know that yahoo access someone else's (yahoo's) server... so if your computer's programs used for yahoo (IE) is working fine (which is an assumption) then what the hell is it?

to be honest i dont have a clue.... i know how i'd try to fix it - which would be to re-install windows, or fix system files...

but how did the problem happen? it is possible you have a virus or something.

(yahoo works fine for me, so thats a bit weird - plus that error message is internal so its your computer which has the problem - not yahoo)