The innocence of Muslims...

chilled_fluorine

It was shown once (in LA I seem to remember) for legal reasons to demonstrate creative ownership etc - as the creator has been re-arrested and refused bail for breach of probation conditions after a conviction for computer fraud crimes (he couldn't go near an internet enabled pc for 5 years) not withstanding the political and security issued entailed I think it is unlikely that it will be released soon.

Whether it should be released on wider distribution is a question for the Ethics or the Politics forum. The discussion about the freedom of speech and expression in the face of religious intolerance also does not belong in the Lounge. Nor should the argument about deliberate provocation under an assumed identity be discussed here.

At the risk of an ad hom - I am curious as to your reasons to ask. No filmlover is gonna care about a heap of rubbish like that - and so I ask myself why anyone would ask the question you have asked. The only reasons that spring to mind are those of a rabid and unyielding freedom of speech activist or those of someone wishing to re-ignite a smouldering fury. And your post does not ring with the cast-iron self-righteous tones of the civil-rights advocate; thus I am forced to conclude that you ask merely to be contrary and to kick the hornet's nest.

It was shown once (in LA I seem to remember) for legal reasons to demonstrate creative ownership etc - as the creator has been re-arrested and refused bail for breach of probation conditions after a conviction for computer fraud crimes (he couldn't go near an internet enabled pc for 5 years) not withstanding the political and security issued entailed I think it is unlikely that it will be released soon.

Whether it should be released on wider distribution is a question for the Ethics or the Politics forum. The discussion about the freedom of speech and expression in the face of religious intolerance also does not belong in the Lounge. Nor should the argument about deliberate provocation under an assumed identity be discussed here.

At the risk of an ad hom - I am curious as to your reasons to ask. No filmlover is gonna care about a heap of rubbish like that - and so I ask myself why anyone would ask the question you have asked. The only reasons that spring to mind are those of a rabid and unyielding freedom of speech activist or those of someone wishing to re-ignite a smouldering fury. And your post does not ring with the cast-iron self-righteous tones of the civil-rights advocate; thus I am forced to conclude that you ask merely to be contrary and to kick the hornet's nest.

Wow, where to start? I'm not kicking the hornets nest. The film looked funny to me. I'm not hateful towards Muslims. Well, maybe the radical ones, but not 99% of Muslims. Isn't it somewhere on the Internet? I do believe the people who made the film had every right to do so, but I don't think it was very respectful. I'm not here on the lounge to debate the legality of it, I already know the answer to that, I'm just casually asking where I can watch a movie. Care to provide an answer? Btw, the maker was on probation for check fraud, and he was allowed to post things on the Internet with his probation officer's permission. But he didn't get permission...