What is the action of acetylcholine and anticholinesterase. Confused!!

Hello everyone,

Ok Acetylchlone is released from postganglionic parasympathetic fibres and preganglionic nerve fibres of both sympathetic and parasympathetic nerves. It also cause muscle contraction in neuromuscular junction. So anticholinesterase would increase acetylcholine level---> Now what would be the effects of increased acetylcholine. Ok I understand parasympathetic activity would be increased, but if lots of acetylcholine is there in preganglionic nerve fibres of sympathetic fibres now, shouldn't sympathetic activity also increase. So what is the final effect.Also in anticholinesterase poisoning what are the clinical effects. I can't work it out because of my previous confusion. Is is like pupillary constriction and bronchoconstriction if parasympathetic predominates. Also increased muscle contraction. Also if I use anticholinesterase in combination with a competitive agonist and neuromuscular blocking agent such as tubocurarine would this decrease the action of tubercurine, because now it has compete with acetylcholine.

Thanks for help in advance :)

Edited by scilearner