Plasmolysis

Carlos Vermeersch Santana

Hello everyone! I'm new to Science Forums and I'd like to post my first topic.

I know what plasmolysis is, but I'd like you to tell/describe what the red and yellow arrows are pointing at. I'd like to know it today if possible... Thank you very much in advance! wink.gif

Carlos

post-78919-0-84870200-1347821383_thumb.jpg

Edited by Carlos Vermeersch Santana

small circle is the nucleous, large circle is what i think is the vacuole

in future, dont circle on microscope images, it makes it hard to figure out what your looking at

on second thought large circle may be an artifact (ie air bubble traped under the slide)

Edited by dmaiski

small circle is the nucleous, large circle is what i think is the vacuole

in future, dont circle on microscope images, it makes it hard to figure out what your looking at

on second thought large circle may be an artifact (ie air bubble traped under the slide)

Thanks for your response. I've added the same photo without the circles. I don't think it's a trapped air bubble, because all the cells have a circular structure inside them. I also thought it was a vacuole, if the small red circle is the nucleus, it can't be the plasma membrane. Do you still think this is a vacuole?

post-78919-0-11236300-1347829723_thumb.jpg

post-78919-0-48400100-1347829890_thumb.jpg