Science fair! Yay

chilled_fluorine

Well, it's that time of year again... Science fair time. I love science fair, don't get me wrong, but sometimes it is so frustrating, thinking of ideas. Could someone try to point me in the right direction? Don't be afraid to give me a more techy idea, I'm into that stuff, and intelligent enough to grasp it. Thanks in advance for any help, this really is a wonderful community. MODS, PLEASE DO NOT DELETE, THE PROJECT IS TO EXPLORE THE IDEA, NOT TO COME UP WITH THE BEST IDEA. THEY CARE ABOUT THE PROCESS. I COULD MAKE A BAKING SODA VOLCANO AND WIN, YOU JUST CAN'T DO THAT MUCH INVESTIGATION OF A BAKING SODA VOLCANO...Ps I'm into electrochemistry and all that stuff. Chemistry is definitely my area. Last year I did a waste aluminum battery, I only took 3rd place though, I'm really hoping to do better this year.

I dunno if this would make a good science fair project but an idea I once had was to try to make a home-made "laser image projector" with a laser pointer and a tiny mirror somehow attached to two speaker cones or some equivalent. Each speaker would tilt the mirror on a different axis. Then convert the outline of some test images you want to draw, into waveforms, and play it through an amp to control the mirror.

Lasers of course command a lot of interest from industry and government. All's you'd need is a tracking system, and a large spinning mirror and you could vaporize a human target from space.

I dunno if this would make a good science fair project but an idea I once had was to try to make a home-made "laser image projector" with a laser pointer and a tiny mirror somehow attached to two speaker cones or some equivalent. Each speaker would tilt the mirror on a different axis. Then convert the outline of some test images you want to draw, into waveforms, and play it through an amp to control the mirror.

Lasers of course command a lot of interest from industry and government. All's you'd need is a tracking system, and a large spinning mirror and you could vaporize a human target from space.

Sounds interesting, but no. This must sound completely outlandish, but the winner last year did almost exactly that!