Flat Geometry and the WDW Equation

While on a train today, I came to a question I could not answer. It grew from recent talks on the Wheeler-deWitt (WDW) equation ... whilst I have pretty much advocated the idea over many years that we may actually live in a timeless universe (as many scientists have), it did cross my mind to believe that perhaps I have had it all wrong and that I must at least entertain the idea that the WDE-equation has it all wrong. I considered some reasons why this approach could be wrong and I came across a question I couldn't answer within myself.

The WDW-equation is obtained from quantizing the Einstein Field Equations - the general relativistic equations which describe curvature in the universe - noting this in my mind, I reminded myself that the wave function of the WDW-equation was a global case, describing the entire universe. However, I have known for a while that the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe has determined that we live in a universe which is more or less flat, which begs to question whether General Relativity would effectively break down on large enough levels.

If the universe is flat therefore, it seems unreasonable to attend idea's about it from equations which satisfy curvature [math]g_{\mu \nu} \ne 0[/math]. Instead it seems only reasonable to use the Newtonian Limit

[math]E = \int_v T^{00} dV[/math]

The WDW-equation is derived from the equations which describe curvature, but if this is not the true configuration of the universe at large, then we might assume that many of the problems which have arisen from the WDW-equation, such as a timelessness and even the non-complexifying wave function (real) have arisen from faulty premises to begin with. Instead, should we not be trying to quantize an approach which actually fits the universe at large, one that is pretty much flat in all directions we look?

(On a separate note)

It also occurred to me that the universe would appear mostly flat if it was rotating (So in its natural form, it would be sphere like, if it was rotating, it would be flat-disk like). But that's for another discussion.

Is this thread a matter of no one can, or no one will answer it?