Building a real life iron man.

SteveDeFacto

For some reason I've been pondering the idea of building a real life iron man suit. Obviously to build such a suit would require a lot of power. The mega powered lasers weapons and ion thrusters would require anti matter for power which is entirely impractical so we will have to drop those. I was thinking a 1kW hydrogen fuel cell with tanks of hydrogen compressed to 700 bar(Not sure if those tanks will work) should be enough power.

To animate the exoskeleton I was thinking air muscles with 3 times the lifting power of a human's muscles would be a reasonably achievable feat but I'm not sure how much psi would be required or what materials to use for the air muscles. Then in the helmet I was thinking something like the Wrap 1200VR. Then maybe something like DragonsSkin for body armor and maybe a titanium steel shell. Probably could never afford to build something like this but it's cool to think about. What do you guys think?

Edited by SteveDeFacto

If you're using air muscles for the moving bits and are scrapping the lasers/thrusters (which you would have to).... What's the point of a fuel cell? That provides electrical power; not the pneumatic power you need for your air muscles. Why not just have a CO2 tank and a small battery to power solenoid valves and the like?