Interaction between the COMT inhibitor and Mg(II) and Fe(III) ions

llawenydd89

Hello!

I am trying to translate a paper on inorganic chemistry (specifically a potentiometric study on the interaction betweeen the COMT inhibitor and Mg(II) and Fe(III) ions) from Spanish into English but, since I am not an English native speaker and my knowledge of chemistry is limited, I could really use some help in order to get everything right. I just need someone to check if something sounds "weird" or maybe I've made any grammar or tipographical errors (specially with chemical formulae). I'm sorry for the lack of context but it's two pages long and I thought it would be too much to post it here. Thank you so much!

To begin with, my translation of the paper's title is this: CN[/url] = (E)-1-(3-phenyl-3-oxo-propen-1-yl)-3,4-dihydroxy-2-nitrobenzene

Is that correct? I assumed that "CN" refers to "compound name" but I'm not quite sure...

There are a few other sentences I am not sure about:

The values of the protonation and formation constants were obtained in a water and ethanol environment (30% EtOH) so as to avoid ligand-related solubility problems. All experiments were conducted in a titration cell controlled at 25 ± 0.02 ºC by circulation of thermostated water.

(...)

In the Mg(II)-NC-H+ system, the ML species begins to form concurrently with the deprotonation of phenolic groups and it achieves its maximum concentration in the equilibrium (94%) at pH 11. Its formation constant has a log β value of 5.366.

(...)

Finally, the paper ends with a table named "Stability constants of magnesium complexes with catechol and several nitrocatechols", with the following columns:

log βML

Log βML2

Log βML(OH)

logK1=20.01

logK2=14.69

logK3=9.06

logβML= 15.71

logβML2= 28.92

logK1=17.08

logK2=13.43

logK3=9.51

logβ1=11.9