Explanation for universe being bigger?

questionposter

When I watch these pop-science shows with people like Michio Kaku, I keep seeing them say say that the universe originally expanded faster than the speed of light because it's actually bigger than 13.7 billion light years, which they try to explain with various theories such as dark energy, but with a pretty universal property in quantum mechanics, couldn't that infinitely small thing that it was at the moment before it big banged be very or perhaps infinitely delocalized and thus make the universe bigger than what light would expand to be? I suppose you would need to be able to describe the entire universe as a single equation though...

High mass in conventional QM would seem to make particles and light more localized, but then you look at black holes and high mass makes black holes even more delocalized.

Edited by questionposter

...I...what?

If you look at an electron it has a low mass but occupies a larger area. If you look at a proton it has a large mass and occupies a small area. If you look at a neutrino it has a low mass and occupies a large area. BUT, if you look at a black hole it has a high mass bu occupies a large area.