Can fractal mathematics be used in quantum mechanics?

questionposter

It seems like the more I look at complex physical systems, the more they have the same patterns I find in fractals.

I can't remember what it's called, but when using sine waves in parametric equations there is sort of a "time" that the function takes in order to return to a previous state and overlap itself, or maybe it's simply called completing a cycle, and this same type of phenomena of repeating occurs in both fractals and wave mechanics, so I was wondering if there was some complex way fractals could be used to describe quantum mechanics and how it evolves to things on the macroscopic level.

Edited by questionposter

A relative of mine asked me at Easter dinner if there was any such thing as Fractal Engineering. I said to him that in the strictest of sense no, but I'm sure that you can come up with something if the problem fits. I am curious as to what sort of physical system represents itself with a precise nonlinear pattern?

Is that you Rick? :lol:

I do not know of any way that fractals can be used to replace the standard theory, which is based on operators. That said, fractals do appear in quantum mechanics; you may be interested in the almost Mathieu operator and the Hofstadter's butterfly which arises in the study of the quantum Hall effect.

I really don't know the word "fractal". What I do know is that it is physical. But, I can serve in a thing: "It is an issue of weighted states. It, as far as I can explain, solves QM in high speeds and high curvatures, in general, in the domain of: High Transitions and Nears to Charges".