Fuzzy logic

mdtanos

Hey guys , how are you ?

well, I am creating this topic because I'm starting my studies in fuzzy logic (I am taking a major in computer science here in Brazil) and I would like to hear advices about applications of this kind of logic in the computer sciene field.

I have read about neural networks, about intelligent systems (which make use of artificial intelligence resources) and I need something to focus in. My project is to study and understand sice the beginnings, basic concepts and so on, and within ~3 months start trying to create/optimize applications of fuzzy logic in our field.

Any opinion/advice/suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Logic is simple to understand .. Logic is concerned with truthness of statement

The propositional Logic, We have statements that use propositions only, every statement is either TRUE or FALSE

First-Order Logic, We have statements that use propositions & variables, statements are either TRUE or FALSE

Fuzzy Logic, We have statements that use propositions, variables, & other things, a statement has a Probability of Truthness [0, 1]

propositions: is something constant, example 'the moon' in "the moon is red"

variables: is something variant, example X (which can be anything) in "X is red"

Probability: is a value between 0.0 and 1.0, that represent how likely it'd be true

Propositional Example: "Bob drink tea or coffee"

First-Order Example: "IF X > Y THEN Y^X > X^Y", where X, Y are variables with domain of Integer Numbers and axioms of Algebra

Fuzzy Logic Example: "Hotel H has 70 occupied rooms of total 100 rooms", give us "Hotel H is 70% occupied" and "Hotel H is 30% available"

-----------------------------

I understand that understanding the concepts is important in order to build the design, you mentioned that you want to build

fuzzy systems (fuzzy logic based models), which are complex and need alot of work in different areas from Logic & AI to Statistical Models,

I once worked on statistical models such as Bayesian Networks, Markov Chains, and Markov Hidden Models, different applications

vary from CSP, SAT, Weather Forensics, .. to Natural Language Processing, Part-of-Speech Tagging, ..etc

.. good luck

Edited by khaled

• 2 weeks later...