Magnetic Generator

briddell

Greetings! I have been curious ,ever since I began researching for my particle accelerator power source, about magnetic generators. I have seen many demonstrations on Youtube of people's projects, etc. but there are many comments regarding these as perpetual motion-esque failures for violating the Laws of Thermodynamics. So, is a magnetic generator a plausible solution to our energy crisis, and is it a perfectible science regarding degrees of magnets, etc.? I ask the latter because you can support Perpetual Motion by saying that it requires very, very, very precise angles, and so on. I have begun to construct a magnetic generator using 2 CD-Roms as the plate to be rotated, and in turn, generate the motion to generate power. Thank you in advance!

-Briddell

Can you provide a precise link regarding what you're talking about?

A big of googling has yielded two types of link...

1) Plain ol' electric generators using permanent magnets.

2) "Free energy" hype about some mysterious device that isn't described in enough detail to shoot it down beyond "free energy is a violation of the 2nd law" but clearly that answer doesn't satisfy you.

So what EXACTLY are you talking about?

edit: And no, you can NEVER support perpetual motion without explaining why our current understanding of physics is inherently flawed.

Edited by InigoMontoya

Yep, kinda thought the same thing myself when I saw this post...generators are basically just motors in reverse so they work on the basis of magnetic fields anyway, right? Not quite sure what the idea is behind this but I'm intrigued (planning to do sustainable design next year!).