Adaption to pain

Hi everyone, for the last few years i have been thinking about free will and i realized that the unconscious mind controls the being's behavior by releasing specific chemicals to lure the being into doing something or avoid something else , like making the having the urge to eat and how the unconscious mind inject "positive chemicals" if the being eats or inject "negative chemicals" which generates pain if he doesn't .and other feelings where they all drive the being into reproducing with strong spouses in order to preserve the species , so this have been causing some issues in my life like depression and some other bad stuff , and i was wondering if i will able one day to adapt and stop feeling deceived or whatever whats causing such pain? thnx

Hi everyone, for the last few years i have been thinking about free will and i realized that the unconscious mind controls the being's behavior by releasing specific chemicals to lure the being into doing something or avoid something else , like making the having the urge to eat and how the unconscious mind inject "positive chemicals" if the being eats or inject "negative chemicals" which generates pain if he doesn't .and other feelings where they all drive the being into reproducing with strong spouses in order to preserve the species , so this have been causing some issues in my life like depression and some other bad stuff , and i was wondering if i will able one day to adapt and stop feeling deceived or whatever whats causing such pain? thnx

You seem to be worried about automatic reflexes that keep us "alive and ticking" and so be able to join in life without the need for such concerns. (IMO) It is both necessary and good that these reflexes take place. Things like breathing control that matches exertion: eating when hungry: drinking when thirsty: urinating when the bladder is full: excreting when the bowel is full: periodically thinking sex would be rather nice etc.. These things are common to everyone and because they are automatic I believe a healthy attitude should allow you to let the processes look after themselves whilst you concentrate on the very large part of life that you do have control over. If I simply found this impossible then I, personally, would seek medical advice.

Edited by Joatmon

You seem to be worried about automatic reflexes that keep us "alive and ticking" and so be able to join in life without the need for such concerns. (IMO) It is both necessary and good that these reflexes take place. Things like breathing control that matches exertion: eating when hungry: drinking when thirsty: urinating when the bladder is full: excreting when the bowel is full: periodically thinking sex would be rather nice etc.. These things are common to everyone and because they are automatic I believe a healthy attitude should allow you to let the processes look after themselves whilst you concentrate on the part of life that you do have control over. If I simply found this impossible then I, personally, would seek medical advice.

thnx joatmon

well i mean i feel like being deceived by this unconscious mind if all motives and feelings are inspired by its chemicals then what's really our own feelings, i understand those are essential to our life but it's like this force which made evolution are toying with us, using us to find the most durable being or whatever the goal for all this is

thnx joatmon

well i mean i feel like being deceived by this unconscious mind if all motives and feelings are inspired by its chemicals then what's really our own feelings, i understand those are essential to our life but it's like this force which made evolution are toying with us, using us to find the most durable being or whatever the goal for all this is

Gosh - you seem to be asking big questions that probably nobody could answer (certainly not me). Why are we here? Are we evolving, and if so how shall we evolve? can we try or should we try to force things on another path through our own free will?

I don't wish to sound dismissive but I believe most people accept we are here because we are here because we are here ..............

I have often wondered myself just how much of what we do is instinctive and how much of what we do is free will. But I don't worry about it. If such worry is a problem to you perhaps you should talk it over with a doctor. NB, I have no medical knowledge - just my opinion.

Edited by Joatmon

Gosh - you seem to be asking big questions that probably nobody could answer (certainly not me). Why are we here? Are we evolving, and if so how shall we evolve? can we try or should we try to force things on another path through our own free will?

I don't wish to sound dismissive but I believe most people accept we are here because we are here because we are here ..............

I have often wondered myself just how much of what we do is instinctive and how much of what we do is free will. But I don't worry about it. If such worry is a problem to you perhaps you should talk it over with a doctor. NB, I have no medical knowledge - just my opinion.

thnx i guess i should medical help since i can't live with a truth others can adapt with :)

The pain you are feeling is a mental one, based off of many logics and memories. So I don't think it can be physically neglected. To ignore such pain, one has to change perspective/opinion. Pain caused by brain imagery/scenario is different from physical pain.