Chilly

AzurePhoenix

Kay, i'm putting this here because it's simply totally based on my curiosity, and has no practical application that I'll ever be part of, if any exist...

so, if there was a pipeline that carried high pressure liquid oxygen, and it ruptured spewing the substance into the air (say it's about 88 degrees f. outside) would the liqid O2 revert to gas instantly, or would it remain liquid for a little while? If you were in the way and got splashed with it, would you be "wet" with it for a few seconds, or would it just be like getting hit with deadly-cold vapor? I guess to narrow it down, if you took a glass of liquid O2 out of your superfridge, for how long would it still be the glass? I'd really appreciate an answer

I don't know all the technicalities, but I'd imagine it has a certain temp it must reach before turning to vapor or what not.

Like, what ever that temp is, say, 40 F., (not saying thats it, I have no clue) then it would depend on how warm the room temp was, as to how quickly the cup would warm to that turning point.

I'm sure some pro around here has a better answer.