Ambition

Graystone

Junior at UT Austin, majoring in Computer Science, I plan to continue on for my PhD

I sit around day dreaming a LOT. I have a decent social life, but all I can think about is science, economics, business, etc. I want to turn my ideas into reality, develop neural interface devices, artificial intelligence, turn them into a prospering business, design smart houses, build myself a multi-million dollar waterside mansion, rub elbows with powerful politicians, attempt to prevent the degradation of scientific advancement in the US, get grants to build Utopian science communities.

All the ambition you could imagine with no vent. I'm learning the basics at a painfully slow pace with not much incentive to get ahead of my learning since I'll just be relearning it again in class. I don't really have any mentors or peers to discuss ideas with or to learn from, with emphasis on the learn from part. I've attempted to read textbooks to try to learn and develop my own vents for my curious nature, but they are just so incredibly dull.

I'm reaching out, I really don't know what to do. Any tips?