Quiz

rigney

The following seven questions can be answered with a single word?

Only 5% of a Stanford University graduating class got it right.

1. The word itself has seven letters....

2. It Preceded God....

3. It is greater than God....

4. It is more Evil than the devil....

5. All poor people have it....

6. Wealthy people need it....

7. If you eat it, you will die....

The following seven questions can be answered with a single word?

Only 5% of a Stanford University graduating class got it right.

1. The word itself has seven letters....

2. It Preceded God....

3. It is greater than God....

4. It is more Evil than the devil....

5. All poor people have it....

6. Wealthy people need it....

7. If you eat it, you will die....

Nothing

Nothing

Naa! Glad you caught it. To me his greatest: Abou Ben Adhem, may his tribe increase; awoke one night from a deep dream of peace, and saw within the moon light of his room!!!! I remember as if it were only yesterday, but it has been over 70 years now. Edited by rigney

Naa! Glad you caught it. To me his greatest: Abou Ben Adhem, may his tribe increase; awoke one night from a deep dream of peace, and saw within the moon light of his room!!!! I remember as if it were only yesterday, but it has been over 70 years now.

Hello, Greetings, someone older than me - congratulations!

post-22702-0-15871900-1328886938_thumb.jpg

Hello, Greetings, someone older than me - congratulations!

Honestly, I had no idea that Hunt created this quiz, if in fact he did? Got it from a friend and thought it would be a good "Noodler". on the forum.

Another I remember from the 5th grade:

The woman was old, ragged and grey and bent with the chill of a winters day.

"The streets were wet with the recent snow and the womans feet were aged and slow.

She stood at the crosswalk and waited long, alone; uncared for amid the throng?????

Unauthored as I remember, but do you recall it?

Honestly, I had no idea that Hunt created this quiz, if in fact he did? Got it from a friend and thought it would be a good "Noodler". on the forum.

Another I remember from the 5th grade:

The woman was old, ragged and grey and bent with the chill of a winters day.

"The streets were wet with the recent snow and the womans feet were aged and slow.

She stood at the crosswalk and waited long, alone; uncared for amid the throng?????

Unauthored as I remember, but do you recall it?

You make me feel rather a fraud. I'm not really much into poetry, but found "Jenny (not Jennie) kissed me" by Leigh Hunt a couple of years ago. This was when a social group I belong to decided to have a "poetry evening" and we would all bring a poem to read. It actually fits my life very well - but if you research the poem it revolves around a different set of circumstances altogether. The actual circumstances were a visit by Leigh Hunt to the home of a friend where the wife jumped up and kissed him in welcome. Apparently he never forgot it! In my case the first verse of "Jenny kissed me" reminds me of returning from a nine months unaccompanied posting in the forces and arriving home a few days before Christmas instead of my scheduled flight a few days after Christmas. The thief, Time, had of course robbed me of 9 months of family life!

You started the Leigh Hunt thing by quoting from Abou Ben Adhem, but I don't mind at all if you don't - lol

By the way, this link takes you to "The woman was old":- http://wolflady.pspbuddies.com/plus/somebody.html

Edited by TonyMcC

You make me feel rather a fraud. I'm not really much into poetry, but found "Jenny (not Jennie) kissed me" by Leigh Hunt a couple of years ago. This was when a social group I belong to decided to have a "poetry evening" and we would all bring a poem to read. It actually fits my life very well - but if you research the poem it revolves around a different set of circumstances altogether. The actual circumstances were a visit by Leigh Hunt to the home of a friend where the wife jumped up and kissed him in welcome. Apparently he never forgot it! In my case the first verse of "Jenny kissed me" reminds me of returning from a nine months unaccompanied posting in the forces and arriving home a few days before Christmas instead of my scheduled flight a few days after Christmas. The thief, Time, had of course robbed me of 9 months of family life!

You started the Leigh Hunt thing by quoting from Abou Ben Adhem, but I don't mind at all if you don't - lol

By the way, this link takes you to "The woman was old":- http://wolflady.pspbuddies.com/plus/somebody.html

I know! Strange, how we hold onto things that seem superfluous; but aren't. Actually the writer is well known, I just didn't know her until 70 years later. Edited by rigney