Lawn

gene

The domain is not the continuous thing, the function is. Riemann integration is the integration you are doing. Every continuous function on an interval [a,b] can be integrated. Sometimes that integral can be expressed as in general terms as a nice function like the thing you're integrating: eg integral of 2x is x^2 + k for some k. We say it is an elementary integral if we can find a function that differentiates to give the thing we are integrating (the integrand). Mostly that isn't true though.

exp and log are inverse functions between R and R+.

I can only simplify it to [e^(ln3)+3]/e^(0.5ln3)

I guess you have to find out what ln3 is and 1/2ln3.

Edit: oh nvm 4/e^(0.5ln3) since e^ln3 is 3.

e^0.5ln3+3(e^-0.5ln3)=[e^ln3/e^(0.5ln3)]+[e^0/e^(0.5ln3)]=[3/e^(0.5ln3)]+[1/e^(0.5ln3)]=4/e^(0.5ln3)

substitute e^0.5ln3 for e^(ln3-0.5ln3)=e^ln3/e^0.5ln3 and e^-0.5ln3=e^(0-0.5ln3)=e^0/e^0.5ln3

I can only simplify it to [e^(ln3)+3]/e^(0.5ln3)

I guess you have to find out what ln3 is and 1/2ln3.

Edit: oh nvm 4/e^(0.5ln3) since e^ln3 is 3.

e^0.5ln3+3(e^-0.5ln3)=[e^ln3/e^(0.5ln3)]+[e^0/e^(0.5ln3)]=[3/e^(0.5ln3)]+[1/e^(0.5ln3)]=4/e^(0.5ln3)

substitute e^0.5ln3 for e^(ln3-0.5ln3)=e^ln3/e^0.5ln3 and e^-0.5ln3=e^(0-0.5ln3)=e^0/e^0.5ln3

Apparently, the answer is suppose to prove that it gets to 2 square root 3.

But i don't see how i can get such a perfect answer without trying to evaluate 2 square root 3.

post 8, you asked how to manipulate

e^(0.5log3)...

and got some long post off 123 rock, or rather a post containing a long string of numbers.

well, i'm not sure what they were getting at, but the answer, which you don't see how to get, is what I just wrote if you apply the log laws to the original expression.