Lie Detectors

Do you know the sample size of this galaxygirl? i remain a sceptic about all kinds of "lie detectors" and really dont buy the idea we can decide whether someone is telling the truth or not depending on the amount we sweat or our cutaneous reactions. Im also not really familiar with what "brain finger printing" is.

Brain Fingerprinting on Wikipedia

Mokele

So' date=' how do they know exactly how my body should respond to each question? :rolleyes:

I could easily be more nervous over one question than another in a way that wouldn't relate to how much truth I'm telling and what the consequences are.[/quote']

You should read my post.

They dont know how your body should react, they figure out how your body does react. The ask you easy questions. "What day of the week is it?" "When is your birthday?" crap like that. They then look at what readings you created when you answered these questions. These are the "normal" readings, readings when you are not lying. They then would ask you some things that might make you nervous, but that you wouldn't lie about. This was mentioned in another post in this thread; his example was they would ask if you've ever stolen anything. Almost everyone has, and its small enough that people probably wouldn't lie about it. But admitting to a crime in front of a cop is enough to make someone nervous. They ask you questions like these to get an idea of what your readings are like when you're nervous. Then they would ask you the real questions. If the readings are quite different even from your nervous answers, then they can assume you're lying.

Its obviously not fool proof, but its not worthless either.

And why did a year old thread get bumped?