Some thoughts on neutrinos

Today I went to a colloquium on neutrinos, with a lecture by the same guy who discovered supersymmetry. Here's some thoughts I had:

Neutrino oscillations: tau, electron, and muon neutrinos all have different masses; so why isn't neutrino oscillation a violation of mass conservation; since electron neutrinos would gain mass?

Dimension Five calculations in the Standard Model allow for violations of lepton conservation (related to our past argument involving their conservation if an electron was split)

The Cosmic Neutrino Background, similar to the CMB... anyone have thoughts on how we might detect it?

What exactly is happening besides neutrino production with photon fusion at the core of the sun?

The brane: Superstring theory predicts that we are part of a higher dimensional system but don't realize it; how specifically could we detect this with high-energy accelerators?

Maybe one day I'll be buying my kids neutrino telescopes to look up into space... how do these work?

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by fafalone

Even if you could generate that much energy, how would you direct it in a way such as to accomplish that?

Taking your average accellerator as an example, 'hit and hope'.