JAVA: Create a Graphical App. for data encryption/decryption.?

Noat

My task is to develop a graphical application in which a number of cipher systems can be "plugged" in and used to encrypt and decrypt data.<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; ">I do not get the picture here. What is this ciphering all about?<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; ">what are cipher systems<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; ">and what type of data need to be encrypted?<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; ">please give me hints and help me picture the task<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; ">thanks a lot<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; ">and All the best to all

Your post, reformatted:

My task is to develop a graphical application in which a number of cipher systems can be "plugged" in and used to encrypt and decrypt data.

I do not get the picture here. What is this ciphering all about?

what are cipher systems

and what type of data need to be encrypted?

please give me hints and help me picture the task

thanks a lot

and All the best to all

There are three types of cryptography in general:

- Public Key (2 mutual keys) Cryptography for small amount of data

- Symmetric (1 key for all) Cryptography for huge amounts of data

- Stenography: to hide data within media (image, sound, video, ..)

based on your choice, there are many crypto libraries in all programming languages

Edited by khaled

Cryptography functions as an aside to several novel concepts of mathematics. Although there may be a number of formal approaches to Cryptography, I do believe the concepts most often used are found throughout the broader subject of Abstract Algebra and as is applied through Group Theory.

The details are lengthy, and for me to iterate to you the process would be time consuming and error prone(because I'm not very good.) I had enjoyed reading the book "Contemporary Abstract Algebra" - Joseph A. Gallian, and I had felt I had learned sufficiently about the maths to have begun a study on Cryptography should I have wanted to.

Edited by Xittenn