everything cmplex numbers to mobius transform

bimbo36

Start with khan academy

It'll get you from whatever level you're at up to a decent introduction to complex numbers.

Then I'd probably head to a library (if you have acess to a university library), or texbook store and get one of the more popular texbooks on the subject (hopefully someone else here can make some suggestions as to which one, I always forget the names of such things).

Come over to the chat for (slightly) quicker and more interactive answers to questions you might have as you go.

Bear in mind it can take a while for someone with the relevant knowledge to start paying attention (many people are quite idle), so hang around for at least 20 minutes or so.

sweet .. thanks for all the suggestions ...

i am a user at library.nu .. ( the site has loads of ebooks ..) so please suggest a nice book if you remember any ...

even though i can understand bit of complex numbers .. mostly the basic operation like addition, subtraction, divison ...

i dont know what else is there ...

but i cant understand any part of "complex geometry"

i have three months to study everything in the "heading "

where should i start ..

my whole life is depending on this crap ..

seriously ..

help ...

What is your mathematical baqckground ?

And how did you acquire such a task ?

i can recommend sources for complex analysis, but I need to know how much you already know, and the nature of your objective. "Complex numbers to Mobius transformations" is a bit obtuse. That is not exactly a linear progression..

I've heard Brown and Churchill - Complex Variables and Applications recommended. I haven't encountered it personally.

A fairly standard undergraduate text. Brown is a relatively recent addition -- the first edition was by Churchill. As with many texts Mobius transformations are called linear fractional transformations in that book (also bilinear transformations).

Edited by DrRocket