sequence alignment with non biological data

huda

hi,

I'm facing a problem of applying sequence alignment with my data( not bilogical data), because I don't how I have to coding my data to be fit in with sequence alignment alogorithms.

Please, anyone know how or know an paper regarding sequene alignment with non biological data let me know.

I looked for much regarding that matter, I did not find what it guide me. if anyone can help, then I can send sample of my data and the way of coding which I'm not sure if it is right or not.

thanks in advance

Any computer scientists knows that algorithms are better to be kept simple enough,

So, you can encode your data to be like a sequence like this:

Let's say we want to analyze users behaviors in this science forum, on two levels:

we have the set of actions, A = { (p)ost, ®eply, r(a)te, (u)pdate, (b)log, ©hat }

and we consider actions to be taken on the time of the day (for example), T = { 1, 2, 3, .., 24 }

A sequence is defined [math]Seq = \{ q_1, q_2, .., q_N \}[/math] such that [math]q_i \in \{ A \times T \}[/math]

A sequence example of use X on one day is [ b1 b2 p6 r8 r9 r10 r11 u17 c20 c21 ] which is in detail:

- user X blogged at time 1, 2

- user X posted at time 6

- user X replied at time 8, 9, 10, 11

- user X updated his status at time 17

- user X chatted at time 20, 21