Why do we feel 37*C hot?

q4agl

Why is it the most comfortable temperature 22 to 26*C,

because the ones who decide what is "the most comfortable temperature" are northern europeans, mainly British.

and anything above 30C is hot when our body is 36*C

Because we are exothermic creatures.

Edited by michel123456

because the ones who decide what is "the most comfortable temperature" are northern europeans, mainly British.

Because we are exothermic creatures.

i dont understand both, i have also test this with ac and thermomtr and why is 36C hot becoz we release heat???

Why is it the most comfortable temperature 22 to 26*C, and anything above 30C is hot when our body is 36*C

Because you are an engine that produces about 150-400 Watts of power. Most of that is finally lost in friction internally (for example, your heart pumps the blood around but the blood vessels create friction).

So, chemical energy (your slice of bread with cheese), becomes kinetic energy (moving blood), becomes heat (due to the friction).

And now you need to get rid of that heat.

If your body is the same temperature as the outside (i.e. you are 36°C, the air is 36°C) you cannot get rid of the heat at all, except through sweating (evaporating water costs energy). If you do nothing at all (you have about 150 W of power at rest), you would have to sweat 230 grams of water per hour just to keep cool.

Moist heat is even worse: the sweating doesn't work so efficiently anymore. And at 100% humidity and 37°C, you have no methods left to cool yourself at all. Sweat does not evaporate anymore.

So, at higher temperatures, it becomes difficult to get rid of our heat, and that feels uncomfortable. But your body can adjust/adapt a bit. You can get used to heat.

Edited by CaptainPanic

i dont understand both, (...)

Aargh, i am really sorry being sarcastic right from the entrance.

Exothermic animals are cold blooded. We are not reptiles.

Endothermic are warm blooded: we are endothermic.

What I ment with exothermic is better described in Captainpanic's post:

"you are an engine that produces about 150-400 Watts of power"