Trojen Horse

mab

whats the name of the trojan?

probably Trojan.Hazzer as that is the most common virus which effects msdos.exe

may i just add that in XP or any windows system which has system restore, if it is turned on then it can back-up and archive the trojan, this is not wanted to it is suggested that you disbale system restore (temporarily), remove all back-up points and then scan using whatever AV scanner you have. norton will detect it so will avast (im sure 99% of others will too, but i guarentee those two will as i have em and have just checked.)

almost, it is a trojan horse, torjan (actually trjan horse, people call it a trojan) is a type of program. Trojan.Hazzer is a type of trojan.

similarly virus is a type of program... W32.Mydoom.A@mm (most common current virus) is a type of virus.

remember trojan = type of program.... trojan.something is the name of an actual trojan.

edit: ....and trojans are different from viruses anyway.

Huh?

spelling mistake... should be "torjan (actually trojan horse, people call it a trojan)... it means when people are talking about trojans they are refferring to trojan horses... it was just to clarify that they are the same things!

My Norton update is going to expire soon.

Will it affect my liveupdate?

Do I need to fill in the serial number?

Is that the same for me to find the update file in the norton web site and do it myself?

yes, your subscription for updates (which you download via liveupdate) will stop you from getting more updates and you fill have to fill in the serial number... im not sure about whether or not you can download them from the norton site, im sure you can, but im not that familiar with the norton site, if theres a place to download them all then possibly you can do that... but otherwise when your subscription (of free 1st year) runs out you need to pay again... although it is not that much.