Blog subscription?

• 3 weeks later...

There is spam karma 2, I think you should activate it and there is another one called Akismet but the problem is it requires a API key to get it working which is not free, use it if you can afford it.

As for the statistics, go to your dashboard and click the drop down menu and you should see 'Firestats' which will show you the recent hits to your blog.

There are plugins which will add you a widget box for email-subscription from feedburner or other sites but its very annoying for a beginner like you and me because one has to upload that plugin using a filezilla client which requires you to have a ftp account :( .

Edited by immortal

There is spam karma 2, I think you should activate it and there is another one called Akismet but the problem is it requires a API key to get it working which is not free, use it if you can afford it.

As for the statistics, go to your dashboard and click the drop down menu and you should see 'Firestats' which will show you the recent hits to your blog.

There are plugins which will add you a widget box for email-subscription from feedburner or other sites but its very annoying for a beginner like you and me because one has to upload that plugin using a filezilla client which requires you to have a ftp account :( .

Since when is akismet not free? Is this new? I knew that you just need to open a wordpress.com account and that gives yo free Akismet access.

Look into that, I'll be really surprised if akismet started costing money...

Oh sorry, I see that the personal plan is free, though it doesn't have much features of the pro and enterprise plans. I think a free personal plan is more than enough to tackle the spams for our blogs. Apologies for posting misinformation.

You scared me there for a second, I use Akismet in 3 blogs... ;)

I didn't realized I had to drag the "Yours yearly contributions" bar to the extreme left hand side which will vanish the payment options and make akismet free. :doh: Yeah who likes to spend from their paypal and visa accounts so I just shew away from that site seeing those payment options but my blog kept asking for an API key to activate Akismet. Its fixed now. Thanks for enlightening me.

I didn't realized I had to drag the "Yours yearly contributions" bar to the extreme left hand side which will vanish the payment options and make akismet free. :doh: Yeah who likes to spend from their paypal and visa accounts so I just shew away from that site seeing those payment options but my blog kept asking for an API key to activate Akismet. Its fixed now. Thanks for enlightening me.

Glad to help :)

In any case, I think our system has something above akismet because it's a network of blogs. If you see excessive spam over what you're used to seeing, you should send a note to staff[at]scienceforums[dot]net -- we (well, the admins mostly) can take a look and see if there's something abnormal. Usually, though, we get lots of spam because any blog gets lots of comment spam, and we're a big forum system.

If it's really bad, let us know.