Dicalcium Phosphate Anhydrous

Chintamani

Calcium Hydroxide and Phosphoric acid will give you your DiCalcium Phosphate precipitate, then when heated suitably the 2 h20 molecules in CaHPO4.2H2O. will leave you with your anhydrous CaHPO4 :)

Thank you. But I was looking to precipitate Dicalcium Phosphate without

2 moles of hydration at room temperature

Hey, what's up with water always dissolving things anyway? I've never really got that. :P Does it have something to do with attraction between the water molecules and crystal parts, causing the crystal then to break apart?

Thank you. But I was looking to precipitate Dicalcium Phosphate without

2 moles of hydration at room temperature

sorry, I don`t know of any other way than using a Wet Reaction for this, and at room temp!? certainly no other way springs to mind.

the method I outlined will give you your anhydrous product without fail, you`ll need a little heat to drive of the 2 water molecules though.

Many other solvents are as good as water but water is cheapest and most throughly researched. Its not easy to find solublity data even for most common substances if you plan to use ethylene glycol or pyridine as solvent. Also environment hazards are much greater than in case of water.