Nostradamus: What do you think?

TheQuestion

Apparently Nostradamus was what people would call a "seer", but what exactly is one? How would one gain this ability? What is it like? Who tells the "seer" these predictions? How does the experience them? Is it a vision or a voice? This isn't an exact science, regardless of religion or opinion. Maybe it is possible though, to make predictions. Maybe not see visions or hear a voice, but still predictions. Maybe something we say, no matter what it is, will eventually happen. For instance: if I were to say something to the effect of "A plague will strike the most of Asia in the 5th millennium." An entire millennium is a long time, no matter the standards. A plague probably WILL strike Asia from 5000- 5999, though maybe it won't be so big, and I would, in effect, be rather right. So maybe this is all Nostradamus did, just more specific? What do you guys think?

PS: I don't pretend to be a genius on Nostradamus, but I was just wondering what your opinions were, and gave mine.

For instance: if I were to say something to the effect of "A plague will strike the most of Asia in the 5th millennium." An entire millennium is a long time, no matter the standards. A plague probably WILL strike Asia from 5000- 5999, though maybe it won't be so big, and I would, in effect, be rather right. So maybe this is all Nostradamus did, just more specific?

Something like that, except he wasn't specific at all. His writings are ridiculously vague, and any "prediction" you can read from it will have been after the event has happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Something like that, except he wasn't specific at all. His writings are ridiculously vague, and any "prediction" you can read from it will have been after the event has happened.

yeah. One may notice these vague attributes not only in Nostradamus's predictions but also in daily horoscopes!