Theists. Does this do anything to your consciousness?

Greatest I am

Theists. Does this do anything to you consciousness?

I direct this question more to literalists and fundamentals who read the Bible literally. Others of course are welcome to comment.

Let me point out that I think of the Bible as a book of wisdom that it is a consolidation of many of the older religions of that day and is a good book to help us seek God by analyzing the old myths. If read literally, the reader will miss out on the rather wonderful thinking stimulated by it and miss the purpose that the book was put together point to. I do not disrespect it but have little respect for literal readers for that reason. They end up idol worshiping a book of myths.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYigmGyN2RQ&feature=youtu.be

This scholar speaks to the archeology that is killing the historicity of the Bible.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2569440864215926514#

This scholar is showing the plagiarizing and or forgeries of scriptures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mpHpLrJVHY&feature=player_embedded#at=437

It is interesting to note that both of these prominent scholars came from fundamentalist religions before their research, as well as the scholars they quote, changed their overall views.

They, like myself do not want to dissuade the search for God but only want to point out that God may be bigger than the pigeon hole/Bible that theist have put him in. As a religionist, to me, God is big enough to be everyone's God. Not just a chosen few. Theists should like this notion because then, God, if real, remains now, as in the beginning, master of all and not just master of some.

Regards

DL

Edited by Greatest I am

They, like myself do not want to dissuade the search for God but only want to point out that God may be bigger than the pigeon hole/Bible that theist have put him in. As a religionist, to me, God is big enough to be everyone's God. Not just a chosen few. Theists should like this notion because then, God, if real, remains now, as in the beginning, master of all and not just master of some.

Regards

DL

My impression is that if God is "big enough to be everyone's God" , then, rather than God's being "master of all," this would actually amount to everyone's being master of God (i.e. he's whatever anybody wants to think he is).

My impression is that if God is "big enough to be everyone's God" , then, rather than God's being "master of all," this would actually amount to everyone's being master of God (i.e. he's whatever anybody wants to think he is).

Exactly. Good demographic thinking.

One common with one head.

The theist view is God on top but being a Gnotic Christian, I see a man there and not some invisible super miracle working absentee God.

Regards

DL