Unhealthy lifestyle w/out obesity -- consequences?

Green Xenon

Hi:

Let's say I successfully-develop a way to completely and permanently eliminate all my adipose tissues [including the visceral fat cells].

In addition, let's say I take part in the optimum/ideal amounts, durations, intensities, and repetitions of strength-training, flexibility-training -- [such as stretching], and body-building exercises with the optimum/ideal amount of rest in between workouts. However, I do absolutely *no* cardiovascular or aerobic exercises.

Let's also say that my diet consists solely of Italian and Indian sweets/desserts. In addition, instead of eating 3 large meals a day, I eat very many amounts of very small variable-sized meals a day in such a manner that I get the ideal amount of protein per day for my muscular health. Last but not least, the meal sizes vary such that the 1st meal of the day is the largest, and the last meal of the day is the smallest. As the day goes on each meal gets smaller. This routine is similar to the "eats breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper" type of meal plan, except that is involves much larger amounts of much smaller meals.

In terms of water, I also get drink the ideal/optimum amount for health [including muscle strength/size]. I also get the optimum amount of sleep each night and wake up at 5:00 AM each morning.

Now, it's obvious that sweets/desserts of any kind tend to be rather low in protein. This means that if I'm getting the ideal amount of protein from such foods, I'm taking in too many calories and my body no longer has the option of storing the excess energy as fat!!

Important: Please note that the removal of "cells of fat" does *not* entail the removal of all "molecules of fat". There will still be non-cellular fat in the body because this is necessary for certain functions [such as the myelin of nerves].

Final note: All the sweets/desserts are completely natural and organic. They do not involve any entity -- such as pesticides or industrial pollutants -- that would cause them to be considered un-natural or non-organic. No trans fats or margarine either. Lot's of butter and cream, though!!

What will happen if I start and maintain this lifestyle -- in terms of diet and exercise -- after my adipocytes are completely and permanently gone?

Thanks,

GX

Green Xenon,

The negative parts of your lifestyle would be too much fat-food intake and too much sugar intake. Also you would be consuming too many calories for your system to handle since you would have no fat to store it. This would not be a big problem if your body did not metabolize much of it, but if it were metablized the calories must be spent by energy or heat. You would probably sweat excessively and might run a higher than normal temperature. Although you accordingly wouldn't do cardio-vascular exercises specifically, you do get a lot of it with body building exercises. Although not overweight your arteries would seemingly clog up at a faster rate than if you were simply overweight since these fats/ cholesterols would circulate at higher concentrations for a longer period of time. If you were lucky this might mean that you would then metabolize less. Also sugar produces a large quantity of oxidants which would accelerate aging and weaken your immune system.

My guess is that your life might be shortened by roughly 15- 20 years on such a regimen, something like a grossly overweight person, or a person of average height, maybe 60 pounds overweight, that smokes.

Edited by pantheory