LaTeX generator

Danijel Gorupec

Hi all,

I added LaTeX export functionality to this windows freeware I am developing. Maybe someone here will find it useful (someone lazy enough to learn LaTeX, but eager enough to learn new GUI).

Basically, after you type it in, you select your equation (or just touch it with mouse pointer) and press the F6 to generate LaTeX code. The code is automatically copied into windows clipboard and you are free to paste it anywhere you want.

The new beta can be downloaded from here: http://www.datafileh...d-6cea854a.html (515k .zip file containing Mathomir.exe file and an example document. Scanned for viruses.) The setup procedure is not included in this beta - just bare .exe that you can run.

Of course, any bug report will be helpful. I can repay you by signing your name into the about box of the next version.

Basically, after you type it in, you select your equation (or just touch it with mouse pointer) and press the F6 to generate LaTeX code. The code is automatically copied into windows clipboard and you are free to paste it anywhere you want.

Maybe a silly question, but how do you type in the equations/expression you want?

Mathematica has the ability to show you expression written in LaTex and the ability to export as LaTex files. But you application sounds cool, I will have a look when I can over the weekend.

Maybe a silly question, but how do you type in the equations/expression you want?

To edit equations, you can use either mouse or keyboard. I recommand keyboard because, after some time, you will be more efficient..... Just mouse-click anywhere at the document area and the blue blinking cursor will appear. Few quick tips:

- use ALT+number as a quick method to add simple exponents (use the ^ for more general exponents)

- use the underline '_' to add indexes

- use double slash '//' to insert fraction sign

- you can use some commands to enter special symbols (similar to LaTeX) like: \sin, \cos, \sqrt, \sum, \int... (hit the space bare after the command to execute it)

- use ALT+letter as a quick method to enter greek symbols (another way are commands like: \alpha, \beta...)

You can hit F1 for quick help, or download the User's manual from the homepage: http://gorupec.award...m/mathomir.html

The Math-o-mir is quite powerful software - LaTeX generator is only the latest addition. Good luck.