Why can i ask for dreams and get it?

kaeksen

For many years since my childhood in the late 70s and early 80s i didnt have dreams. I allways wondered why i didnt have them. I thought it unfair. What had i done to deserve it.

Then for a year ago i started an adventure into something i thought was impossible. Up until that time i didnt realy belive in any religion, or that we could be living in a "matrix", to be honnest im not sure what it realy is. Maybe it needs to be so for me to belive it.

I started experiencing many wierd things. Things that should be impossible. I started seriously being able to read peoples minds, those in my life and some people even online. Some i failed doing it on, why im not sure. But i think there is a reason why i cannot read all.

But the story isnt about this phenomena. My story is about dreams, and how i was able to get them back. And the way i got them back was amazing.

I started asking for them, to god, or to whatever was "up" there. And to my amazement i started getting them, everytime. I was even able to ask for multiple dreams, as i woke up between the dreams i wanted more. But i didnt get the dream i realy wanted.

I wanted to dream about the universe. One day im sure, god, or agents will have a way of giving me those types of dreams.

Today i had 3. The first i asked for was to be modern, i said it has to be, i have never had it, common please. And it came. I was in a tunnel, driving a white sportscar which i got from a girl. Oh my i had fun driving that car, i could stear it, accelerate and use the breaks, i could do it all.

Some argue that this cant be happening, that is just me that think so much about dreams, that i get them because im more conscious about it. Well, i have had times i didnt want a dream, to test, and it works, i dont get them then.

Please anyone with similar experiences, write back and share your experiences. Let's discuss this a bit.

Many people think they just have 1 dream a night. This is wrong. You go through a dream cycle every 90 minutes or so (that is not precise and it varies between people, and between a persons dream cycles too). However, people don't think they have that many dreams a night because at best they only remember 1 (if that).

Think how quickly you can forget a dream unless you really try to hold onto it (and even then you can forget it). Most people forget a dream within about 5 minutes of waking up.

But think about that. If you forget a dream in about 5 minutes, then if you wake up 5 minutes after you have finished a dream, you will probably have no memory of it.

It is only the dream you wake up from that you remember.

I don't often remember my dreams, but then that means I don't usually wake up during a dream.

However, there is a thing called "Lucid Dreaming", where you semi-wake up during a dream and then fall back asleep afterwards (although something going into full wakefulness). When this occurs, you can gain control of your dream and be concious within it.

As people in nightmares know, it can be possible to force yourself to wake up from a dream (not easy, but possible). This also means you can probably bring yourself to the semi-wakeful state needed for lucid dreaming.

With me, certain patterns in dreams act as a signpost and allow me to lucid dream. It could be your belief that an external entity has the power to give you dreams is the pattern you need to bring you to the semi-wakeful state where you can become aware of your dreams.

Also, it could be that you are wanting certain dreams to occur, and when you have a dream about it (and focusing attention on certain events can increase the likelihood of having such dreams) this can act as the signpost and bring you to semi-wakefulness (or even full wakefulness).

There is nothing supernatural about dreams, although many people want there to be. Before we understood much about the brain, dreams were given supernatural properties, but this was nothing more than people trying to explain something they didn't understand. Like lightning, people who didn't know about atmospheric static discharges, attributed lightning to supernatural beings (like Thor - the Norse god of thunder).

Thus it is with dreams. People haven't had much understanding about how the brain worked in the past (and still there is a lot we have to learn about it) and thus attributed much of what goes on to supernatural influences. However, even though we have only scratched the surface of how the brain works, we know that the brain can function as it does without the need for supernatural influence.

Of course, this does not mean there isn't any, it just means they are not necessary (that means that if they do exist, then they either don't influence the brain, or they influence it in a way that is not actually having any effect - which also means dreams wouldn't be caused by a supernatural influence).

I wouldn't rule out coincidence in this case.

I'd tried doing something similar; 'planning' my dreams. It worked occasionally. I wasn't amazed because the dream wasn't totally what I wanted though similar.

Something similar to share though. That is, I can force myself out of a dream easily. I can remember vividly once I was walking on the street in a dream and I intentionally ran towards a wall to get myself awake. I've to admit, though, that I already planned to do that while I was preparing to slip into my dream. It seems that if you try to "kill" yourself in a dream, you'd be able to wake out of your dream! Interesting for me. =)

There is nothing supernatural about dreams, although many people want there to be. Before we understood much about the brain, dreams were given supernatural properties, but this was nothing more than people trying to explain something they didn't understand. Like lightning, people who didn't know about atmospheric static discharges, attributed lightning to supernatural beings (like Thor - the Norse god of thunder).

Thus it is with dreams. People haven't had much understanding about how the brain worked in the past (and still there is a lot we have to learn about it) and thus attributed much of what goes on to supernatural influences. However, even though we have only scratched the surface of how the brain works, we know that the brain can function as it does without the need for supernatural influence.

That's a very perceptive and valuable observation. It will stay in my mind. Much obliged.