LHC leaks?

hawksmere

Leaks at the LHC were to raise awareness? James Gillies denies but CERN have certainly got people talking. 3000 members in 100 Institutes and given the nature of candidness in particle physics, is it a shock or was it planned? Also, considering that so many have worked together to find supersymmetric particle/s or of course the Higgs Boson, should Carlo Rubbia and Simon van deer Meer get all the credit, NOBEL PRIZE for one example?

Any thoughts or even answers?

Edited by hawksmere

You should explain a bit more what you are talking about. "Leaks at the LHC were to raise awareness" is a completely meaningless sentence for me. And why Carlo Rubbia and Simon van der Meer, Nobel prize laureates for discovery of the W- and Z-Boson according to Wikipedia, should get the Nobel Prize for finding Supersymmetry or the Higgs Boson is not clear to me either.

Edited by timo

Mate, why would you respond to something to point out that it doesn't make sense to you? Never mind. Was an extract from another discussion about the controlled leaks of information from CERN. Been dealt with in another post - made a lot of sense to others and answered.

Mate, why would you respond to something to point out that it doesn't make sense to you?
I find that a strange question given the rather obvious answer: to get the guy in question (i.e. you) into re-expressing their point/issue/... in a clear, coherent, understandable, and ideally even sensible form.