My Questions

I found an old paper when I was cleaning my room. It belonged to my friend and was by mistake in my house. I wanted to know the answers of these questions. I would post them one by one.

Problem 1

A man was sitting in a room, reading a book, when his wife entered the room and switched off the light. Although this occured at night, and the room was now pitch dark, the man continued reading as though nothing had happened. How could he do this?

Ah, correct. Thanks.

PROBLEM 2

Shreyas wanted to enter an exclusive club but didn't know the password that was required. He waited by the door and listened. Tushar knocked on the door and the doorman said, " Twelve." The member replied," Six and was let in. Rajat came to the door and said," Six." The member replied,"Three" and was let in. Shreyas thought that he had heard enough and walked up to the door. The doorman said," Ten" and he replied,"Five". But he was not let in. What should have he said?

Ah, correct. Thanks.

PROBLEM 2

Shreyas wanted to enter an exclusive club but didn't know the password that was required. He waited by the door and listened. Tushar knocked on the door and the doorman said, " Twelve." The member replied," Six and was let in. Rajat came to the door and said," Six." The member replied,"Three" and was let in. Shreyas thought that he had heard enough and walked up to the door. The doorman said," Ten" and he replied,"Five". But he was not let in. What should have he said?

So, is Rajat the doorman, since the member replied to him?

Captain P is correct - you have a typo

Rajat came to the door and said," Six." The member replied,"Three" and was let in.

Should read, if I am understanding correctly

Rajat came to the door and the doorman said," Six." The member replied,"Three" and was let in.

And the answer is

three - it's the numbers of letter in the word the doorman spoke

I found an old paper when I was cleaning my room. It belonged to my friend and was by mistake in my house. I wanted to know the answers of these questions. I would post them one by one.

Problem 1

A man was sitting in a room, reading a book, when his wife entered the room and switched off the light. Although this occured at night, and the room was now pitch dark, the man continued reading as though nothing had happened. How could he do this?

The man was blind and reading text formed using braille . Later edit (I don't know how to set up a "Spoiler" - just looked at Imatfaal who seems to agree with me - I'd appreciate advice on this) . Later still edit - Found how to do this under "help".

Edited by TonyMcC