Is this project good enough to win a regional science fair?

RachaelShort

My science project is centering around the idea of exercise and its effect on the mind. I want to get test subjects, make them do a maths and reading standardised test and then get them to do take a similar test the next day after doing fifteen minutes of mild exercise to see the difference in performance. I would like to know if you think this project is good enough to win a regional science fair.

Thanks a lot,

Rachael.

Two points:

• Would you have a control group? People will get better at the test just because they're taking a similar test twice; you need another group that does no exercise to compare against.
  • There's plenty of research on exercise's effects on the brain already; perhaps you could look it over and try to find something new. http://en.wikipedia...._brain_function

(Also, there's no need to post the same thing three times)

Generally, the more oxygen that gets pumped into the brain, the better brain cells work. Kinda like blowing on the coals of a fire :)

I remember reading an interesting article on the effects of obesity cutting down on oxygen supply to the brain. When the children cut down their wait, they found an increase in clarity and problem solving.

I think your project would defiantly be a wake up call to those that take an interest in your project. Good luck with it!