If you were immortal would you be happier?

Mr Rayon

If all human beings were immortal and we knew this were the case, would this make people happier?

Or would it make them sadder?

Would you like to be immortal?

If you thought you were, how would you live your life more different?

What is the reason for existence?

It's what I ask myself everytime after the death of someone close. I ponder upon it for days, sleepless nights even to know what I'm here for.

A purpose, a reason to live. We come and we go, don't matter who we are..death will come for us eventually. In the end, we all "die" one way or another regardless of immortality.

What happens when we're immortal? Will we still be able to appreciate the little pleasures in life?

We could possibly achieve everything a Man wants by being immortal, from the basis of self-preservation and instinct.

Power. Money. Sex.

And what happens after that?

Do you use your immortality to achieve your own goals? Or in the end will we take immortality for granted and have "fun" everyday in any possible way.

I think in the end, we have to kill our humanity to truly be immortal. And this...is how we die.

If all human beings were immortal and we knew this were the case, would this make people happier?

Or would it make them sadder?

Would you like to be immortal?

If you thought you were, how would you live your life more different?

Sorry, this is not a philosophical question... It is an emotional question... Personally I would be sad if I knew I had to life through eternity, nonetheless if I knew I would not be alone I would try to not think about the future and I would even doubt I were immortal and may get suicidical sooner or later... But this has all to do with emotions and nothing with reason or logic so it is not philosophical...