scattering light near a surface

lemur

This may be more of a chemistry or engineering question but since it involves light, I'm posting it in physics. The issue I'm wondering about is whether it is possible for some material, used in flooring for example, to reflect much light and absorb little, but also scatter the light so that photon density close to the surface remains higher than if it were more directly reflective, such as a smooth white surface.

If "photon density" is not directly clear in terms of what I mean, I'm thinking in terms of the angle of reflection/refraction for the light being very low so that light beams remain closer to the surface/ground longer.

Second, if such a material exists already or is possible, would humid air dry more effectively with the same amount of (sun)light because photon density would be greater? This idea/question came to mind as a spin off of the discussion about microwave interactions with water. Since (humid) air is transparent, I wouldn't immediately think it can absorb light directly, but may it can with certain wavelengths.