genetics Vs forensic science in India

niharika

I am unable to decide my career!but i am sure that i will choose one among these two.i completed bsc.can someone plz give me all career opportunities after doing genetics,forensics?i know basic things.if i get a genetic counselor job, will i be able to give treatment?i think, there are no medicines for genetic diseases.if i do prenatal diagnosis,if there is a defect in zygote,they should go for abortion.so what is the point in doing degree and phd just to kill infants?i liked forensics syllabus.but i think it is routine job like all other jobs.i have to do same work every day.moreover there will be so many influences,pressures,...next option is research.if i go for research i have to believe in science completely.but now i am having many doubts about it.it is a controversial topic.science is useful as well as harmful to society.so i want you to give your opinions,contradict my statements if my assumptions are wrong.thanks in advance. :unsure:

If you do not have the passion for science then there was no point in you pursuing a science degree.

Rather speak to your professor on this topic as I'm sure the job opportunities vary from country to country. The safest would be to continue your studies for another year or two (masters degree) and then seek a job in research. With just a basic bsc I wouldn't recommend going into any sort of counselling as you are still too inexperienced to offer proper advice. Also counselling isn't about "killing infants" to suggest so is absurd and insulting. When counselling the best thing you can do is make the parents aware of everything that they'll be facing IF the baby is born with a disease, what they do with the information is beyond your control.

Forensics, as you have guessed is more or less procedure work, but it's stable as good forensic scientists are always needed and it would bring to bear a certain satisfaction knowing that you're helping condemn murderers and rapists wouldn't it?

i am going to join in msc for sure.i asked this question only to choose msc subject.i have passion for science.especially genetics.becoming genetic counselor and saving babies and looking after mentally retarded children was my dream.but recently i came to know about realistic things.doing prenatal diagnosis itself is dangerous and there are chances of harming infant even though it is normal.and after that i heard few things like, science is responsible for creation of few viruses etc..then few incidents happened which totally scared me.now i am unable to trust science completely.i am also unable to convince myself that science had done some thing which helped living beings.i feel bad when i read about exploitation of animals.that is the reason why i asked question like this.coming to forensics, i have so many doubts.I will be happy if i am able to condemn murderers.but the thing is, there will be so influences.will they allow me to give true and sincere report?this is just my doubt.

i don't know truth about this.